45688,10,05/28/92,RICHARD GOZDAL,WARD CHRISTENSEN R/MS C, Yea, looks like 6,000 pages of manual with the MS C! Guess the prices is right. Something is up with MS, The Basic PDS is down to a $99 upgrade price from QB. Must be more than poor software sales, must be a language war. Guess I must have lucked out the mem manager I got with my 386 works great and one less pgm to worry about trying to handle it. Maybe the hidden message with this sale is IF people will pay the $150 for "printed" manuals for the Windows docs rather than the on line docs. That would give them a better taste of what people will pay for Windows software. 45788,04,10/10/92,WARD CHRISTENSEN,ROY LIPSCOMB R/ALL COMMAND.COM'S IDENTICAL?, DIR of my DOS 5.0 command.com is: COMMAND COM 47845 04-09-91 5:00a This is for MS-DOS Version 5.00. If I remember I'll try to check at work for IBM-PC-DOS. 45789,05,10/10/92,WARD CHRISTENSEN,TONY ANTONUCCI MODEM/FAX CARD, Which card did you get? I'm not "very" interested in Fax, but there are times when it would be nice. Actually I just - perhaps foolishly - bought a Hayes Optima 9600, and didn't spend the extra to go get Fax with it. What are you using for Software? 45888,15,11/10/92,WARD CHRISTENSEN,ANDY SHAPIRO R/DESKJET EXPERIENCES, Yep, you can refill a Deskjet cartridge with a syringe and fountain-pen ink. There are even "kits" for the less-ambitious. There are 2 kinds of cartridges - regular (original recipe) and high- capacity. The original are easier to refill because the interior is just a sponge saturated with ink. The high-capacity ones have some other kind of bladder that pushes the ink out, and the hole in the top of the cart, unlike the original cartridge, does NOT go into the ink reservoir! The printer isn't PERFECT - you won't QUITE get as good a graphics as from a laser - just a teeny bit of banding perhaps, but compared to any dot matrix printer - well, it blows 'em away. Perhaps I should sell you my old DJ500C (color!) printer and buy myself one of the new $800 ones that has both black AND tri-color at the same time (Vs the 500C that can take them, but only one at a time). I Kind of did that with my older deskjet - gave it (a Plus) to my brother, when I bought the 500c. 45889,06,11/10/92,WARD CHRISTENSEN,ALL LINE NOISE?, How is your experience with Line Noise? Michael Shartiag is having a lot, can't really communicate. If you are having problems, please indicate from where you are calling. I call MNP so don't see it, but my echoes back are pretty quick - while if MNP were correcting it would slow down. I can NOT go 9600 baud (well, I don't have an HST - had to donate it to CBBS) but when I did, I couldn't communicate with CBBS, had to go 2400.. 45988,05,12/30/92,WARD CHRISTENSEN,ALL NEW TOYS?, Anyone get any new computer or electronic toys for Xmas? My Brother, thanks to me, got a Sharp 5200 pocket memo. I broke the "whisk" that I use for making pancakes, and asked Santa, but he gave me a rechargeable 4-"tool" electric whisk. Worked fine, heh, especially the plastic blade, to mix up some spackling compound (grin). 45989,07,12/30/92,WARD CHRISTENSEN,BILL MATTSON R/MSC 7.0 & IBM C SET/2, Sorry, my C-SET has mostly - SET. Were you using real Windows calls? Didn't that require an SDK? I guess Cset doesn't need the SDK, or sort of "you can think of it as THE SDK"? I "panicked" and bought it before the price went up but in retrospect dunno if I'll use it or not... Right now I need some ideas on cleaning up my hard disk. I've got 520M but it is VERY cluttered - too many versions of too many programs. nd of