45628,07,04/29/92,AL HIGGINS,B MATTSON OS2 UTILITIES,DEVO Found some OS2 utilities... Their called GrammaTech PO Box 70 Edmond OK 73083 Phone 405 359-1219 FAX 405 359-7391 Optimize HPFS volumes, recovers erased files on HPFS or FAT, disk sector editor, test disk data integrity, remove selected files, locate duplicate or lost files, display volume information, etc....... List at $125. Hope to get an evaluation copy to review! Will keep you posted..... 45729,02,09/15/92,WARD CHRISTENSEN,GEORGE LIMBERG R/MNP TECHNICAL DATA, Microcom sells the spec - I think for a nominal fee. I found someone in Hayes willing to mail me a 6-page doc, we'll see what I get. 45829,04,10/22/92,WARD CHRISTENSEN,JERRY OLSEN R/CD ROMS, Have you gotten into the OS/2 issues of CD-roms? I'm running OS/2 now and then, and would like to get the IBM developer's CD-ROM, so I want an OS/2 compatible one. Also I'd LOVE for it to hook to my IN-2000 controller, though I may be going to an Ultrastor 14F. 45928,07,12/03/92,WARD CHRISTENSEN,ANGELA ALLEN R/AS00, Give us a clue - what kind of "clues" are you looking for? Actually, I don't think I've ever seen an AS/400 question here... I'm trying to remember - hmmm - I vaguely recall a "midrange" BBS somewhere that I think catered to AS/400 folks. But I don't have a shot at remembering it. Perhaps someone else will. Where 'ya going to school? What is the name/content of the course? (if you feel like being "chatty"). 45929,05,12/03/92,WARD CHRISTENSEN,ALL PENTIUM: 64 BIT?, Is the 586 64 bits externally? I recall IBM saying the model 90 and 95 were the most "likely" to be able to handle a Pentium, since it used a dual-path to memory - BUT - I think that was for "memory interleave", and that is a performance thing. If the 586 would use BOTH paths, the memory would be slower, I think! 46028,02,01/15/93,WARD CHRISTENSEN,ALL SPEECH INPUT?, Well, carpal tunnel is getting to me - my left hand hurts, back of hand "tingles"... It is time for voice input! Do any of them really work? 46029,18,01/16/93,ERIC BOHLMAN,WARD CHRISTENSEN R/SPEECH INPUT?, Dragon Dictate really does work, although it has its quirks (when you're getting started with it, it will often come up with truly weird guesses as to what you're saying, though you always get a chance to correct them). VoiceType from a company that you're probably quite familiar with works pretty much the same (Dragon did the program design), but has a smaller built-in vocabulary. All of these are discrete-word recognizers; you have to pause between words. They're also memory hogs. A number of companies are now coming out with multiple-piece keyboards where the pieces can be oriented to whatever angle keeps the stress off your wrists. Maybe I should write a TSR that measures the rate and number of keystrokes and pops up a "give your wrists a break" message if you've been going at it too long. Part of the problem is that your tendons swell up more if you don't give them a chance to recover; if you take appropriate pauses, you can get away with a lot more abuse.