45702,05,06/04/92,ANDY SHAPIRO,WARD CHRISTENSEN R/MEMORY INTERLEAVE, OK, I get it. What machines have this feature? I don't think I've seen it widely advertised. And of course, that brings in the question of how to define 'wait states.' My 325s has '0' wait states set in the setup, but I gather that it ain't necessarily so. Can you amplify thee distinction for me? Thanks -- 45802,03,10/15/92,MURRAY ARNOW,ALL CD ROMS, I'm interested in installing a CD ROM. I'd appreciate some input on manufacturers, performance, and standards. Since my knowledge is very primitive all comments are useful. 45803,05,10/15/92,ALEX ZELL,DANIEL EVANS CHINET GUESTS,NONO Guests on Chinet may *read* news only on weekends but not send at any time. For complete information do "news -a" after logging in on Chinet's guest lines, 312-283-0559. All the information is on Chinet which now gets its feed via satellite and a little dish on the roof. 45902,12,11/13/92,WARD CHRISTENSEN,ANDY SHAPIRO R/DESKJET, No, can't say I saw it as faster than an LJ, but then again I've never worked with an LJ. Perhaps what happens is you see output STARTING sooner. Are you saying it is faster to COMPLETE a page? > Utility to setup the DJ: Well, yes and no. I went thru the book when I got my first DJ, and used my editor to make 1-line of each font change that was supported - then I got the idea to make a "program" out of it, which means I could type "fs" (Font Select), cursor to a particular description (such as "Courier 6-point 20 pitch"), and press enter. This sends the set-up string to the printer so that next application will print in that font. However, the "program" is a custom version of my PMATE editor, so the setup program isn't really portable. 45903,14,11/24/92,ANDY SHAPIRO,WARD CHRISTENSEN R/DESKJET, I mean it comes out faster{ I think this has to do with the fact that the LJ has to wait until{all is in memory, and the{ get going and prin{ the page, whera3{ the DJ just spits it ou{. InxD any event, faster output. No kidding. I'qve also written my own setup program, using 4DOS's batch extensions. If you haven't used 4DOS, you haven't lived! In any event, problem solved. I love the DJ, though. I now have the Prestige Elite math cart in it, and that works nicely, though I had to learn another wrinkle in PCL to get everythingtto work! (point sizes! Since there's an inter{al 12 cpi font, you need to specify point size to differentiate). This is a rather noisy line, so I think {'ll end here... 46003,04,01/04/93,KEN STOX,WARD MODEM, I'm still figuring it out, but I'm getting some interesting results logging in with a new modem, although it could be the modem. One connection V.22bis, next call Bell 212 with MNP/5. Curious....  information do "news -a" after logging in on Chinet's guest lines, 312-283-0559. All the information is on Chinet which now